Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What's Up?

Hey everyone!

Wow. It's been a while. I'm nearing the 1,000 views mark and just WOW. I started this blog as a chronicle of my life- when I'm older I want to remember who I was and what I stood for as a teen. Also because let's face it, my life is funny. And bizarre sometimes. So let me tell anyone who reads this what's been going on with me.



I've been super busy with school- I know, I know. Overused excuse. But the thing is, I'm going to a new school- all girls. There's a couple reasons.

  1. It's better academics. I'm fed up with my current school- I've been there 10 years, and not only do I need a change, but I also need more structure- and my hippie school definitely doesn't have that.
  2. The new school teaches how I learn. Current school teaches 5.1 on Monday, 5.2 on Tuesday, 5.3 on Wednesday and a test on Thursday and if you don't understand 5. 1 you're screwed for the rest of the week. At the new school, you don't have the same class two consecutive days- plenty of time to understand and ask questions. It's specifically tailored to how girls learn- pretty sweet. 
  3. The guys. Ok. This year I've had a ton of drama, self esteem issues, and stress over guys. It's dumb because I'm 14 and I should know that it's ok- I have a roof over my head, food to eat, and I learn something every day. I've always had self esteem issues and trust me, the guys at my school don't help. We're dumb- we're teens, of course. But no matter how cheesy this sounds, I want to focus more on my school- and an all girls school should help with that. 
So I was tangled in the application process and now I'm drudging through everything I need to do to start out at this school- I'm terrified but excited. 

There's been a ton of stuff I've had to deal with- a lot of goodbyes, a lot of tears, a lot of anger. I'm exhausted, and I LOVE my sleep- between my social life, my schoolwork, and my volunteering I've had no time to do anything but check on how many views my blog has 

So let me back it up a little more. This weekend, I went to Party in the Park and saw....


....PASSION PIT, ELLIE GOULDING AND GROUPLOVE! THEY WERE SO FAB!
Ok. I've also been SUPER busy with dance- my recital, Stars in the Making, was SUNDAY! It was so much fun! There was a red carpet, a professional photographer, and adorable costumes!

The last thing taking up my time is my volunteer work at the daycare and the children's shelter- sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it. It has reached me a bunch of lessons- and for that I'm grateful. Every cloud has a silver lining, even though it may be a rain cloud. 

Ok.

Basically, I'm done.

Do you guys have any ideas for posts? I would love to hear them!

Don't forget to follow my tumblr, tornad0pe.tumblr.com!

Later y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment