Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hipster Songs, Handstands, and How I Got Sent to The Principals Office

Ladies.

So, today my extremely funny friend Mira (http://www.mirascharacters.blogspot.com/)  told me that I should look for some hipster songs. To post on my secret blog. In which she found. ANYWAY.
I found this super cool youtube video that shows the top 13 (YAY!) hipster indie songs in  2009. Because 2012 is too mainstream. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2hMQRlU_S4&feature=related
NOW.
For the main event.
Why I ended up in the principals office today.
Yeah yeah, I still go to school.
ANYWAY.
It was fifteen minutes until we got to go home. I was getting kind of antsy, because I'd been sitting for three periods in the same spot- with my back against the door of the classroom because I had no spot in the classroom by the time I'd gotten there.
I'd had the worst itch to get up and run around. I mean, who wants to sit through Poetry and then Government and then Punishment.
That would be the subjects of the three classes.
I was wearing the most adorable pair of overalls (PICTURE AT THE BOTTOM) and I emptied my pockets of my evil new phone, gum, and iPod filled with a variety of music.
I slowly inched towards the door, past the teachers, behind a cabinet.
I flipped over on my back.
No one noticed.
I balanced on my head.
No one noticed.
I stretched the tips of my toes up into the air, straightened my spine, and smiled.
I heard snickers. Giggles. Laughs.
________! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??!!!
I heard my teacher, let's call this particular teacher Beardy, screaming my name.
I toppled, causing the class to howl, and scrunched into the corner.
Beardy loomed over me.
"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING? A HANDSTAND? IN THE MIDDLE OF CLASS?"
I should mention now that I go to a hippie school, where cursing and PDA is acceptable. Also, sitting on the couches and the floors. And talking about feelings.
My other teacher, um, let's see...Merry spoke up.
"Principals office. Now."
Ah, shit.
I'd never been to the principals office before, and as I walked up to that fateful door, I realized the blinds were drawn.
The assistant poked her head out of her office, and looked at me.
"Whatcha need, hun?"
"I...um...I'm in trouble, I have to see the principal."
"What'd ya do?" She was holding a phone.
"Um...Ididahandstandinthemiddleofclass?"
(To the phone) "I'm gonna need to call you back."
To me: "WHAT??"
I blushed and repeated my offense.
She actually laughed a good bit, and then asked why, and laughed at that too.
"It....seemed like a good idea at the time?"
I sat waiting for the principal for a while.
Finally, a teacher came out of her office laughing, and I was told to go in.
It was about ten minutes until the end of the day.
"Hi ________."
"Hi, (oh, what should I call her? How about Nice?) Miss Nice!"
"What brings you here?"
"Um...I did a handstand in the middle of Government class."
"WHAT? *tries to stifle laughter* why?"
"Um...it seemed good at the time?"
"Really, ______? That doesn't seem like you...."
"I know...I had to sit for three periods...."
"That's still no reason to do A HANDSTAND!"
"I know...I'm sorry..."
We proceeded to talk about fidgets, how to keep my attention in class, and other things.
I particularly like Nice, and we laughed about it afterwards. She proceeded to let me out when all the other kids got out, but I had to go apologize to my teachers.
Not a biggie.
ANYWAY.
That's the big adventure for today.
I hope you found it funny.
Or at least entertaining.
xoxo and deuces,



3 comments:

  1. WHY DID YOU DO A HANDSTAND???????????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlin,

    yeah....it seemed like a good idea at the time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha It sounds like it was a good idea at the time... I would do a handstand in class too... If I only COULD do a handstand...

      Delete