Sunday, June 30, 2013

Daily Misadventures

Hey everyone!

I've been super busy- I just finished up a week at dance camp and I'm about to start some volunteer work. A lot of funny stuff has been happening, and I know someone out there needs a laugh.



  • At dance, I was attempting to do a leg-kicky thing when I felt my hip pop out. I hobbled over to try and fix it when a little girl walks up- she was like 8 or 9. She asked what happened, so I told her my hip popped out. She looked stricken, and then asked "Does that mean it's gonna fall out?!" I laughed for a while before telling her that it would be ok. 
  • Even though I was one of the oldest, I was one of the worst dancers at the studio. We were doing ballet moves involving a extend-step-turn, and I did mine simultaneously with two other dancers. My dance teacher took one look at me, cracked up, and then went "ok honey." As it turns out, instead of gracefully extending my leg in ballerina fashion, I had karate kicked- the arms went as well. I had also turned the wrong way- left is right? Below is a picture. 
  • Not to mention everyone there had like perfect hair that didn't frizz! I looked like a lion!
  • I was volunteering at a daycare, watching Dora with 3 to 5 year olds. This particularly annoying Dora involved nursery rhymes. Dora and Boots happily skipped on over to Humpty Dumpty, who (OF COURSE) fell off the wall. The 5 year old next to me muttered "He shouldn't have been sitting on the wall! I bet his mama told him not to, he got what was coming to him!" I had to step outside to take a moment because I was laughing so hard. Kids, heh. 
I think, in the next week before I start work again, I'll post a couple tutorials that I love in my life- two for certain. A single serving chocolate chip microwave cookie cakey thingy, and Mackle-nails.

Thanks for reading!

Stellar Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment