Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Much write, very blog


Hey all!

So I haven't written since June 30th. 2013. That's crazy to me, I was so hoping this would be a cool updated blog. Alas, it's not. So here's some stuff that's happened since I last wrote.




  • Switched schools- I know, I know, big deal. To be honest, I wasn't so freaked out about it. I like my new school- I finally like what I'm learning and I learn it well. 3.5 GPA yaaassss. 
  • I joined this program called BBYO. BBYO stands for B'nai B'rith Youth Organization. It's this giant jewish program- to explain the whole thing would be super complicated, so the short version is this.
    • I love it.
    • I love it some more.
    • It's the best thing that's ever happened to me.
    • I am truly a princess when I'm there.
    • I love everything and everyone in it.
    • So glad I'm jewish omg.
    • I love it even more than I did at the beginning of this sentence. My love for it just grows.
  • I saw Macklemore.
So a ton of more stuff happened but these are the main things. Actually not even the main things. There's just SO MUCH STUFF AND MULTIPLE FEELINGS AND EXTREME MEMORIES that I just can't do one blog post for. SO. Let's skip forwards a little bit.
January 20th is my birthday. I'll be 15. I'm trying to get my permit, but my test scores are too low oops.
If I think about where I was last year at this time compared to this year, it's completely different. I didn't realize how unhappy and depressed I was until I moved to a new environment- and now, I know exactly where I need to be and how I am. 
I was in a school I couldn't learn at, with teachers I didn't like, and kids who I got bullied by. I don't like to write about sad stuff- reading from this blog, you could guess. But I've been through a fair amount of things I don't like to talk about. 
So now that we've jumped forward, let's rewind.
New years was last- I'll go through that. But first, I have to set the scene.
After meeting new people in BBYO, all of a sudden I was flooded with friend requests on Facebook, text messages from girls who excitedly keyed their number in my phone, and guys who considered me fresh meat. Where I live, a good portion of the jewish kids go to jewish day schools- there's like three in my city. I didn't go to jewish day school. This means I didn't grow up with these kids. These poor kids knew eachother from snot bubble blowing kindergarten to that awkward phase in 6th grade to the transitioning to adulthood. To all these people, I was brand spanking new and they were eager to say hi. There was a major difference between me and these people, though. 
I'm going to try and describe this without releasing my location- it'll be hard. In my city, I live right in the heart. I live right near where all the skyscrapers sprout, and the edgy hipsters skate through the street. I'm kind of an urban kid- I grew up running barefoot while Hippy Daddy and Maniac Mama strummed guitar on the porch and swayed in sarongs. 
These nice, jewish day school kids grew up in the suburbs. Homeless people, while common to me, were rare to them. Clothes were expensive, talk was measured and dirty talk was carefully picked out from the conversation. These kids went to manners school in 6th grade. When I was in 6th grade, I was learning how to sneak out my back window and to wear shorts under overall dresses. While they fixed bows in their hair, I braided my hair into a million tiny braids and stuck flowers in the crevaces. This brings me to New Years, where I was sleeping over at a preppy friends house.
The adults sat in a circle discussing stoooocks and wiiiiine and drawling their vowels as classy people do. Food was placed in uniform displays on the table, and decorations were measured out on the walls. I walked in, reciting to myself "STELLA. REMEMBER TO CALL THEM MRS. AND MR. AND FOR GODS SAKES WHY DIDN'T YOU BRING A HEADBAND!" As I shook their hands weakly, I realized I was underdressed. I wore an overall dress with a short sleeved shirt covered in bunnies below. I stepped across the floor in my torn up, paint spattered boots, and raked a finger through my unbrushed hair. Quickly, I stepped upstairs to where I heard music playing, and opened the door. Inside was my friend Glitter (the host) and a bunch of other girls I vaguely recognized from BBYO. They all remarked on how "cute!" and "hipster!" my outfit was. Radio, mainstream music trickled through the speakers. The girls sat on the floor and started discussing typical girl things. I ended up becoming the urban kid who comes in and teaches you new stuff. I had been restraining myself all night, but ended up laughing at a vine in which a fat person farts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98GjRN7YG2w) you're welcome for that. Classy, right? I warmed up pretty fast, and soon let go of my filter. I heard guitar being strummed from the other room, and asked Glitter what it was. She replied that her brother played guitar, and then I heard a banjo join in. I ached desperately to join in to the chorus of strings that reminded me of my porch at home, but instead I stayed with the girls my age. Later in the night, I inhaled helium, talked, and then became light headed. I was the only one whose parent's weren't there, and because of this I went into the below freezing weather in short sleeves and a skirt. I was the only girl there who knew how to handle fire and fireworks, and the other girls seemed wimpy in comparison. I was, truly, a little lion girl. Below is a picture I thought was cool. 
Excuse the blur, iPhone quality and identity protection.
I slept over, and went home. This was continuing my winter break. Here's a list of things I accomplished during my winter break:
  1. I sewed myself a pair of leggings.
  2. I made myself a pair of moccassins.
  3. I sewed myself a tunic.
  4. I painted part of my room (pictures below) 




For the first part of winter break, I had Hannukah. My big gift for Hannukah was....

....HAIR PRODUCTS! QUALITY CURLY HAIR PRODUCTS!
I was literally so happy ok.
I've finally had a bit of success taming the beast.
SPEAKING OF MY MANE. 
It's about down to my lower back now, right below my last rib. 
That is, if you stretch it.
The shrinkage is crazy.
Unpulled, my hair reaches to the top of my bra strap. Maybe the bottom of my shoulder blades. Pulled, it goes about six inches further. It's still brown, curly as hell, and a menace to the public. I also have my first gray hair. 


We've reached the most I'm going to write for now. I've got so much more- maybe tomorrow, during my free period, I'll write more. For now, I need to check up on my social life- respond to texts, etc. It's tiring, but I love it. I finally feel like I can be me. 
xoxo,
Stellar Sweetheart.
P.S I LOVE YOU GUYS FOR GIVING ME A THOUSAND PAGE VIEWS THANK YOU SHARE WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS!



No comments:

Post a Comment