Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Family Dinners.

Hey everyone!

I thought I might do a post that reflected why I originally started the blog- to kind of keep a diary of stuff that happens to me.
And well, a lot happens to me.
I may add illustrations later, but we'll start with a story about Hippy Daddy.

Me and the fam went to a cousinly dinner about a week ago. We went to this weird fish restaurant, which turned out to be good. The first thing that happens is my cousin, Brain, says he'll give me ten bucks to ask the fresh faced waitress is they served fish.
There was nothing on the menu that didn't include fish.
Of course, I wanted the ten bucks, so when the waitress came over to take my order, I looked up at her with my most innocent face and asked "do you have fish here?"
Brain just about died laughing, and the waitress was like "Ummmmm...yah. It's like...here." And she waved her hand over the menu. I collected my ten bucks, and ordered my food.
 So the food comes, and Hippy Daddy tells everyone he got mahi mahi- for those of you who don't know, mahi mahi is this white fish- looks kind of like chicken. The waitress sets his plate down, and leaves. Then, he screws up his face and starts complaining.
"Did someone fart?" He whined. "It smells so bad over here! IT'S LIKE I'M SWIMMING IN FART!"
Of course everyone laughed.
Brain leaned over and tried to smell, but he couldn't pick up anything. Everyone inhaled, but no one could smell a single thing.
Maniac Mama was embarrassed, and shushed him. He kept complaining, and at one point almost got up to get fresh air. I thought it was hilarious.
I got shrimp, tater tots hush puppies, and some weird vegetable that MM ate. I couldn't, for the life of me, remember to call the hush puppies by their name, and instead I called them tater tots. I really like tater tots. LB thought this was just about the funniest thing he'd ever heard, tweeted it, and then continued laughing at my question "do you want a tater tot, LB?" THEN, he corrected me. AFTER laughing at me for a while. We all eat, and the waitress comes to put down the bill. Out of the corner of my eye, I catch Hippy Daddy staring at me with his chin in his hands, a loving look in his eyes. Irritated, I scolded "Stop staring lovingly at me!" Brain and Lover Boy lost it then, cracking up at the fact that I'd said that. Brain, who's a professor at a college in Canada (previously England) remarked on how it sounded like something someone worldly and wise would say, even though it was coming out of a petite, grouchy teenagers mouth. Maniac Mama put her head down in defeat, wishing for one family dinner in which we appeared normal.
We said our goodbyes, and loaded into the car.
Hippy Daddy harrumphed, and then started on a rant.
"I THINK THAT WAITRESS FARTED ON ME!" He proclaimed. He explained how he smelled it after she left, and started threatening to call the restaurant and complain that their waitress farted on him. By this time, LB and I were in tears from laughing so hard. MM was begging him not to while trying not to crack up. She suggested that maybe he burped, since no one else smelled it. He vehemently denied her accusation, which only infuriated him more. MM finally talked him down from calling the restaurant, and he began looking sheepish.
"Maniac..." he started. "I have a confession."
"What?" She asked.
"I didn't really have fish. I told everyone it was fish but it was chicken."
Mama laughed so hard she had to pull over. She was snorting.
And that's the normality of my family.

What else would you guys like posts on? I'm running out of material...and I want to keep the blog up! So please please please comment!
Thanks y'all!
xoxo,
Stellar Sweetheart.

4 comments: