Saturday, September 29, 2012

Concerts.

Stellar Sweetheart here,

Long time no post, eh?
I'm a busy little bee.
So, I realized I need to start posting more.
I got me a fancy little computer, so why am I procrastinating?
My new friend from school also reads this now, her blog is great... go follow Her!
Anyway.



The subject of this post is about music concerts.
I love going to them.
In fact, I just went to one the other night.
It was for Hoodie Allen and G-Eazy.
I was there until 1 am and 6 hours later, I got up for school. My crazy curls were quite unforgiving. I had put this great Trèsemme (should I start doing product reviews? Comment.) mousse in it, and I was flipping it during the concert. It was a fro. And as of September 15th, it was 12 inches. It's pretty hard to fro up with that length.
Anyway.
It started with a freaking huge line of like 600 people. I went with Lover Boy and his friend Obey Boy. Obey Boy thinks he's the coolest thing because he met Tyler the Creator. We were all in about the middle of the line, and L and O boys were just freaking out, taking pictures, etc. I was chillin in my Nike's, crop top, and high waisted shorts trying not to touch my hair and loudly coughing at the guy in front of me smoking...um, I'm not sure what it was but whatever.
I checked my Instagram to find that Hoodie had already posted a pic with the front of the line. I was pissed.
Anyway, 45 minutes later we pass the huge guards and start into the place. We checked in the tickets, got stamped, etc.
Then I realized that there were no seats.
Something like 3 and a half hours later of standing, my knees still aren't able to bend properly.
The mosh pit had already started. At 4 feet 11 inches, I was screwed.
Until I made friends with the light guy and got invited to stand up with him and I'm pretty sure I had the best view in the place.
The crowd started mumbling, then chanting.
"G-EAZY, G-EAZY, G-EAZY."
My knees started shaking, I swear.
Then the beat started pulsing and I put two fingers to my collarbone and I could feel it in my bones
and then he rolled out.
He started shimmying, and singing something from Endless Summer (great album, check it out!)
I can't even remember all I remember is the crowd going wild and it was amazing.
Below, I copy and pasted a quote from tumblr- I don't know the origin.

There’s no better feeling than being at a concert.
You’ve got that unanimous feeling of belonging. The feeling that every single person at that show has listened to the same songs by the same band as you and are all there for the same reasons. They’ve all been touched by the same harmonies, the same lyrics, and the same messages. Your lives have all been forever changed by those 3-6 people on that stage.
The band performing is the same band you listened to when you were riding to school on the bus, driving down the interstate with your friends, crying yourself to sleep at night, staying up late on the Internet, singing obnoxiously in your house alone, sitting in your room cooling off after a bad day, blasting at a party, etc. They’re the band you go to when you want a good breakdown, when you’re outside at 3am smoking a cigarette, when you need some good inspirational background noise.
Being with all of those people who, though you have no idea who they are, face the same daily issues as you makes you seem less alone in the world. 

It’s nice. 
That's possibly the best thing I've found on tumblr.
And in that moment, that's exactly how I felt.
I knew the lyrics so I was singing and dancing and I had the best view in the place.
Then G starts talking and it was amazing. 
He started playing "Marilyn" and I knew it and I was swaying because it was kind of sad in a good way. 
Then he goes, "so that song was about a big fight. This one's about what comes after."
And I swear, he played "Make Up Sex."
So I realize this post is a little...P-G-13. 
But so was the concert, and trust me, I'm leaving out some...details.
Then he yells, "this song is about cheaters! put your middle finger in the air if you have your own personal-" and then he sang "runaround sue". I was laughing and clapping and waving and screaming and the whole room was filled with screaming people with their middle fingers poking someone else's eye out. 
Wait. It gets better.
He played Hang Ten (one of my favorite of his songs) and I rapped the. Entire. Thing. With him.
He just didn't know it. 
There's no other feeling like saying the same words one of your favorite rappers is saying at the exact same time. 
He played Netflix and Acting Up and I knew them both but not at least 50% of the people in the room didn't  because they were old.
Then he started in on Lady Killers and right as Hoodie Allen's part comes on Hoodie pops out of the wings and goes  "Oh. My. God," and the crowd goes wild and he starts rapping and G starts rapping with him and I swear, in that moment I was infinite. 
He had a comb in his back pocket just like I did and when he pulled his out so did I but then I realized my hair had mousse in it so I was like oh HELL no. He blew us a kiss, and walked out.
Hoodie Allen came next, and let me just explain about him.
I listened to Hoodie Allen before he was cool. 
I was young...really young. 
I didn't even know the name of "You Are Not a Robot" so I just asked for the robot song. 
If you look at my music page, he's on there. Back when I started the blog, I put him down. 
The lighting guy had a song list in order so I peeked over his shoulder and I freaked. 
Hoodie danced on out and the bass started up and I started rapping with him and I knew every word and everyone was grooving. 
He played all my favorite songs, "Song For an Actress", robot song, "James Franco", "Swimming with Sharks," and all these new songs I didn't know! It was still amazing. After, I met up with my brother who had caught Hoodie's water bottle and was breathless. He was at the very front of the mosh pit. He proclaimed that he had "touched Hoodie Allen's butt when he was crowd surfing!" and then proudly touched my hand with the butt hand and told me not to wash it.
Best. Night. Ever.
The next day at school I took two naps and told everyone that I had secondary touched Hoodie Allen's butt. 
Overall, I had to write a post about this- it was too awesome not to. 
So anyway.
Thanks  for reading all this!
xoxo,
Stellar Sweetheart

1 comment:

  1. I think you should do product reviews :) also tell me
    How to follow people please!!!

    ReplyDelete