Monday, April 7, 2014

Sadness and Voxtrot.

Hey everyone!

I've got a story to tell, and I'd say it's pretty important.
In order to tell it, I need you to picture a situation.


Shut your eyes.
You're in a math class, it's the 9th grade.
You work on your homework, mostly focused on the hidden earbud you've slipped inside your hoodie.
You maneuver it up to your ear, and discreetly plug the other end into your computer.
Stealthily, you turn on your Pandora.
It's kind of a bad Pandora day for you- no matter what station you flip to, it's some song you're not really in the mood for.
You flip to the last station on your list, your Osaka Loop Line station.
Immediately, a song starts playing.
It's amazing, it calms your ears, and it's exactly your mood.
Quick! Look at the title!
It's called "the start of something" by a band called Voxtrot.
You file it away.
Later, you want to listen to the song again but you can't remember what it's called.
You think the band is named Foxtrot, and spend 20 minutes on google trying to find the song.
You fail.
A couple weeks later, you look at your list of Pandora likes and rediscover it.
You love it just as much as you remembered, and quickly look up other Voxtrot songs.
You love almost every single one.
You look up the Voxtrot band, and there's a single note on their website.
They broke up in 2011.
That's pure heartbreak, my friend.
I love Voxtrot a lot. It's like they're the band I've been searching for all my life.
If you guys want to listen to a bunch of their songs, click here. It's the never-ending playlist of their songs.
Anyway, that's my daily heartbreak- maybe I'll go on a cross country tour and try to bring them back together!
Love, Stellar Sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment